BABY CORN AND PANEER
Can be had as a snack or as a side dish with roti / rice
3/4 cup baby corn , cut into 4 lengthwise and blanched
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1″) strips
1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions whites
1/4 cup thinly sliced green capsicum
1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow capsicum
1/4 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- Heat the oil in a wok/kadhai, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green, red and yellow capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the capsicum turn a little soft.
- Add the baby corn, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, tomatoes, tomato ketchup, tomato purée, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, garam masala, vinegar, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onion greens and a little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens